During this year of creativity, I’ve committed not to creating more stuff, but to creating action with purpose in myself and others. I realized in the first few days on the journey that I would need to make room for this new creativity and remove what was in my way: office clutter.
I didn’t want to toss all of my belongings and have a stark white office with a folding chair and table. Let’s face it, I like some stuff. What I needed was a clutter free, functional office. Or maybe something more. Like Seth said “The space matters”. So I set out to first remove the clutter and then create a zen-like office.
the great purge
The process is ongoing. I discovered in my assessment of my office that there are several main categories of stuff:
- Paper and its management tools
- Stuff to manage paper (folders, stapler, staple remover, paper clips…the list goes on)
- Stuff to organize the paper management stuff (drawers, plastic storage boxes, file cabinets…you get it)
- Books and books and books! (I love books)
- Electronics (backup chargers, cases, bluetooth headsets, a mouse or 5…yada yada yada)
- Misc things I don’t know where else to put!
visit my blog to get more…Continue reading...